About Me

My photo
I am a Christian woman who loves her family and tries to live with a purpose. "I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

Translate

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Left Overs

The cold winds of autumn have started blowing.  Though it's not unheard of it is unusual for this time of year.  So when feeding the animals this morning it became clear we need to make sure we were winterized.  Meaning the children had to have proper gloves to keep their hands warm.  Of course there were choruses of children singing out, "grandma I need a new scarf", hat or both and I will be making them.  I won't be making gloves for them because they do need the insulated type because of watering the animals. 

So yesterday I finished making an afghan and had yarn left over.  The funny thing is I was trying to use left over yarn on the afghan.  Anyway I had left over yarn and was trying to think how to use it up.  Then I thought I would make purses (or pocketbooks as they are called in some parts of the country) for my granddaughters.  I have to tell you, I'm really not good at reading patterns, actually I'm horrible at it.  So I usually make up my own pattern as I am making the item.  I made two and have to make one more and I will put them away for Christmas gifts.  Using the left over yarn I will make the scarves and hats for the children, maybe someday I'll use all the left over yarn.  Don't laugh, I can hope. 



All of this made me think of those folks who need such things and don't know how to make it for themselves.  Should you be so inclined and are able to make such things, please consider making extra and find a family or charity (church, Salvation Army, or other organization) to donate to.  You could also volunteer your time and teach someone to do it for themselves.  Caring for one another is one of the tenants of the Christian faith and I'm sure of other faiths.  Don't think someone else will do it or even the government is there to take care of them.  Think of a time when you were in need (whatever kind of need it was) and someone stepped up to help.  Possibly no one helped, remember that feeling as well.  One of my favorite saying is "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life." 

One person at a time, lets feed people for life.

Have a great and blessed day.

1 comment: