About Me

My photo
I am a Christian woman who loves her family and tries to live with a purpose. "I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

Translate

Monday, October 21, 2013

Here Comes The Bride

Last week there was more work to be done than normal.  We were showing son-in-laws nephew and his girlfriend around the homestead.  We showed them how to care for the animals and garden.  We discussed the signs of labor for the does and what to do and who to call.  Reminded them to collect the eggs and showed them how to wash them.  Because we were doing something we haven't done in years; we left the homestead for a weekend. 

Friday we left for what some call foothills (they were mountains if you ask me) for my beautiful niece's wedding.  I know I may be a little prejudiced but she is truly beautiful with both inner and outer beauty.  The wedding was held on a sandy beach with a babbling stream running along side.  My brother walked the vision of beauty across the beach to a center aisle lined with rose petals that reached an arbor built from tree limbs.  Her eyes gleamed with happiness and love and looked as if she walked from the pages of a storybook. 

The weekend was filled with joy.  Along with the wedding I was able to see all three of my brothers, sister and parents.  This was the first time in about twelve years we were all together and it was so much fun seeing nieces and nephews all grown.  How happy they all are and funny as well. There was so much laughter. This was just a wonderful weekend.  I still have a big smile on my face.

The first night we were there my son-in-law looked at my daughter, "I'm bored.  Why am I bored."  He was confused over this.  Daughter started laughing and said, "No animals to feed, no chores; we're just relaxing."  It's funny how relaxing can be so very boring. 

Another funny thing that came out of the weekend is son-in-laws nephew's girlfriend discovered she likes animals and now wants a goat and rabbit.  She also made two loaves of bread and hoped we didn't mind.  We told her of course we didn't mind and she said "You know that's the best kind of bread anyway."  Just as I have long suspected, anyone exposed to homesteading will come to love it.


Take time to laugh and share, this is where true riches come from.

Have a great and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment