About Me

My photo
I am a Christian woman who loves her family and tries to live with a purpose. "I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Be Creative

Animals fed, grandchildren doing school work, plants in the house, garden watered, time to start working on fall table decorations and Christmas gifts.  Something about this time of year makes me feel creative.  I guess it's because starting this weekend and lasting for the next three weekends most of the local churches have some kind of bazaar.  I have to confess most of the time I just look for ideas but not all the time.  There is one church that has hand knitted mittens and socks for a more than reasonable price.  Since I can't knit (still trying to learn) only crochet, I stock up on socks.  The bake sales are my worst enemy.  I can't walk by without buying something.  There are so many good bakers in the area and I have a horrible sweet tooth.  I am getting better but something about the fall just makes me hungry. 

So I made some napkin ring holders and put solid color bandannas inside.  I think they are cute and I'm going to do something similar for Christmas.  Even when times are hard it's good to try and decorate a little.  It lifts the spirits and changes your outlook.  Remember it doesn't have to be something elaborate, just something simple.  A candle here, a couple of napkin rings there, even just a bandanna in the middle of a table with a bowl of fruit or nuts.  Just something that isn't there all year around. 



Being creative will brighten your day or maybe you can brighten someone else's day.  Remember a smile is contagious, spread the smile :-D

 
 
These were made with strips of felt, ribbon and I sewed on leaf appliques.

Have a great and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment