About Me

My photo
I am a Christian woman who loves her family and tries to live with a purpose. "I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

Translate

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Garden They Did Plant


You hope what you show the children they learn from.  You talk, they talk, you listen, they listen and then it happens. You see them take the initiative and come up with a wonderful surprise.  They've taken what you've shown them and turned it into reality.

The granddaughters (one and two) came to me and said they planted a surprise garden.  I was thinking they were talking about a pretend garden, but no.  They took my hands and led me to a very large pot.  Inside are the most beautiful bean plants in various stages.  It seems they harvested some dried beans and planted them.  I'm so proud, not bad for a six and eight year old.  They didn't tell anyone.  They wanted to surprise all of us and help with the garden. 

Both the girls watched me let some beans stay on the plant and when dried harvest the beans for seeds.  I guess I missed a few or they just saved a few when helping and planted their own garden.  They used a pot that had been used for seasonal flowers and planted in there.  So when the plants start producing we will have some delicious beans for dinner.  There is the question as to what kind of beans they planted. 



Little brother and number two grandson is sure they are magic beans and well you know, a beanstalk will be here soon.  Who knows; with a child's belief, a surprise garden might just bring a beanstalk.

Children have a wonderful sense of can do.  When they believe they can do it they do.  Much like the bumble bee who isn't supposed to be able to fly, but does.  Encourage a child you know, teach them everything and watch the garden grow.

Correction: I was just told little brother (four year old) helped with the planting.

Have a great and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment