About Me

My photo
I am a Christian woman who loves her family and tries to live with a purpose. "I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

Translate

Monday, August 1, 2016

NAME THAT BIRD

So it's been a little more than a week since I last posted anything but I've been canning and working on moving more animals.  You may remember I told you Daughter and I ordered what was labeled "Hatchery Surprise".   As usual we got our early morning call from the local post office telling us our package had arrived.  Really all they need to do is call and let the chorus of chirps speak for itself.  But we did get a very nice call.  The next call was to Daughter letting her know we would be arriving very soon with guests.  So off to the post office Hubby and I went full of excitement and curiosity.  After all we were getting a surprise.  We hurried into the post office and there it was, the song of our future dinner.  Sorry if that offends, but that is what it is (a few special ones do become pets but not many.) 


We arrived at Daughters and of course all the grandchildren were waiting in the yard.  They were as excited as we were.  Everyone was guessing what we had.  Daughter had already prepared shelter with water and feed, so she opened the crate and started putting them in their new home.  I pulled the invoice out to see just what we had received.  Well, there it was in writing: 54 birds, and nothing else.  Not one little hint as to what was sent.  SURPRISE... 

So where does that bring us?  We need your help.  We're hoping you all will be willing to play a little game called NAME THAT BIRD!  I'm posting a few pictures in hopes you will know what we got.  Everyone can play, the more the merrier.  No penalties for wrong answers.  Thanks in advance and may the, CLUCK, QUACK, HONK?  Be with you.

As always have a Safe and Blessed day and remember, share your knowledge.

 
Contestant #1
 
 
 
Contestant #2
 
 
Contestant #3
 
 
Contestant #4
 
 
Contestant #5

3 comments:

  1. My guesses: #4 - Quail #1 - baby Dracula (LOL), or a White Crested Black Polish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well? What is the verdict? Lol!-Oily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most are chickens and a few quail. But now were waiting to see what breeds we got lol.

    ReplyDelete