About Me

My photo
I am a Christian woman who loves her family and tries to live with a purpose. "I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

Translate

Friday, August 22, 2014

SO I'M BACK

So I'm back writing again.  I know it's been a while but....  We have had some trying times, like a Hurricane, and of course yours truly got sick.  Not the dreaded summer cold, but bronchitis.  All joking aside I've been really ill.  There were nights I had my concerns.  A trip to the ER and a few calls to my healthcare provider was what saw me thru.  Oh yeah and I also broke my little toe at the same time.  Now we all think the little toe doesn't do a whole lot...   But let that little bugger get hurt and it will make you suffer for the injury it sustained.  Somewhat like a child who wants a toy when you said no and is relentless in his/her asking because there is no acceptance of the answer.

When it rains it pours and did it pour.  We have set records with the amount of rain we have had after
the hurricane hit us.  Let's just say there are still spots that haven't completely dried out.  I'm beginning to wonder if I'll like the taste of frogs legs since they are our chief crop now.  I can only say this about that, they're everywhere.  Yesterday parts of our county received so much rain in such a short time the roads flooded.

So what does all of this mean ...  Not much canning was done this summer.  We are now playing catch up and will probably have a much different selection of veggies over the winter.  Just because you are ill doesn't mean winter isn't coming.  We will have to rely more on fall veggies; because of our new reality I've gone back to the old canning books looking for more recipes.  I've found quite a few things and talking with the family I think a change is going to be received well by one and all.

Oh yeah the lemon, lime and orange trees are doing really well.  See, all the rain was good for something.

Have a Safe and Blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment