About Me

My photo
I am a Christian woman who loves her family and tries to live with a purpose. "I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

Translate

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

IT'S NOT BROKEN!

Today I went to the doctors for an x-ray.  About a week or so I hurt my wrist and well to make a long story short might have broken my wrist.  Happy to say the x-ray said it is not broken.  However still very sore so I'll be in a brace for another week or two.  Having said that, it's been a little bit of a problem canning.  Daughter and her sister in law stepped up and helped.  They put up pickled beets and I was so proud of them for doing so.  Daughter helped me last year but this year they did it all on their own.  Way to go girls.

More and more I see folks going back to the old ways to get thru these times.  I have three ladies who when time allows them, will be coming over to learn or relearn how to can.  I'm really excited about that.  For one thing, I love to spend time with friends and I love sharing knowledge.  I have found the more I share the more I learn myself.  Having said that, it leads me to what happened at the doctors today.  I was speaking with one of the ladies in the office who will also be canning for the first time this year.  She is about my age and a little nervous about starting.  She said her husband and she were speaking about the price of groceries and how they were going to make ends meet.  So they decided to have a very large garden this year and put up their bounty.  They also have made the choice to raise a small flock of ten chickens.  She asked if she could take down my name and number and call if she has any questions.  Now you know I was happy for her to do so.

These are not the only folks I have met doing the same thing.  This past weekend I had the privilege of spending the day with friends and their families, along with a few new folks.  Each in their own way have chosen to homestead.  Some full out with animals and large gardens others to lesser degree.  The movement of becoming self-sufficient is growing by leaps and bounds.  I think this is great.  What makes me even happier is, it's all ages and genders. 

If you haven't started, what's keeping you?  You don't know how or where to start, just start talking to others.  Someone you know has already started and I know they would love to help you.  If nothing else ask me, if I don't have the answers, I'll do my best to find the answer for you.  Just start.

Have a Safe and Blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment