About Me

My photo
I am a Christian woman who loves her family and tries to live with a purpose. "I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

Translate

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

WHAT DID YOU DO?

I sit here wondering if we will get snow, ice or even rain.  Seems for us it's up in the air, (sorry some puns are worth it).  Even if we do have bad wintry weather, I feel like we are prepared.  When the news reported the newest weather warning I started my checklist.


Extra Water            x      Batteries                   x     Solar Lanterns               x


Kerosene Heater    x      Kerosene                   x     Camp Stove                  x


Propane                  x      Camp Stove Oven     x     Oil Lamps                    x


Oil for Lamps        x      Disposable Plates, Cups, Bowls, and Flatware     x


and of course provisions (food and meds) of which we keep on hand at all times.


Now checklist for the animals;


Extra Hay and Straw     x     Lights for pens     x     Covers for the Pens     x


and again provisions of which we keep on hand at all times.


One time I told a friend that I can and prep because I didn't want to be at the whims of the commodities market any longer.  I now have another reason, I don't want to be in the lines of the grocery stores.  Knowing I can weather any storm, (there I go again ), is a good and satisfying feeling.


So if you are affected by the latest wintery weather advisory, which category were you in?  The one who ran down the checklist or the one standing in line?  Should you have been in the latter, what is it going to take for you to get prepared?  Learn to stand on your own instead of leaning on others.  You'll find you don't fall as often.


Just one more thing, check on the elderly and sick, they need help more then ever right now.


Have a safe, warm and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment