About Me

My photo
I am a Christian woman who loves her family and tries to live with a purpose. "I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

Translate

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

RE-GROWING CELERY

I'm sure many of you already know this but I've just tried this and it works.  You know I've been dehydrating a lot lately.  One of the things I've been dehydrating is celery.  I love to put it in soups and stews and stuffing and..  Well I like it.  So one of my sisters-in-law shared a tip with me and I would like to share it with you.

When you cut the stalks of celery off, don't throw the bottoms away.  Place the bottoms of the celery in a shallow plate of water.  Check the celery bottoms every day or two.  Spritz the tops of the celery and make sure there is a enough water to cover the bottom of the plate and maybe just a bit more.  After about a week you will start to see new stalks of celery emerge.  At that time you will plant them in a pot or the ground.  Planting the bottoms up to the new growth.  I haven't planted mine yet, mostly because I need to find a place to put them but I will be doing it in the next few days.

I figure if I do this enough, between dehydrating and re-growing I'll never have to buy celery again.

Have a Safe and Blessed day and remember share your knowledge.


                                                                         BEFORE

 
AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment