About Me

My photo
I am a Christian woman who loves her family and tries to live with a purpose. "I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

Translate

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Life is Good

Today looks to be a beautiful day.  Animals are fed and its time to work on the plan for clearing a small piece of land to move nannies and their future kids.  It will be so nice to have goat milk again.  Some say its quite pungent and it can be.  The trick is to keep your bucks far from the does.  The closer the bucks the more pungent the milk. 

We also have to move the rabbits.  So, I know your thinking bunnies, awww adorable.  Not really, I don't care how adorable my dinner is.  Just as in gardening and wanting to know where the veggies I can come from, I want to know where the meat I eat comes from.  I know what it eats, how it was cared for and if they were given antibiotics or not.  So much is done to our food before we ever get it.  I firmly believe this is the reason we have so much more illness around us. 

So we'll have a day of rearranging the animals.  This may not sound like a lot of fun, but for me it is.  The real joy in working towards a self-sustaining life style, is progress.  The satisfying feeling when you've reached just one more level toward your goal and the peace of doing a good days work.

So many people are unemployed or under employed and wake each day without a sense of purpose.  Working towards a self-sustaining and or a self-sufficient life gives you that purpose.  Gives you a reason to get up and start the day with resolve.  People were never meant to sit around idly and do nothing.  Life may have dealt you a bad hand, so will you throw in the cards or reshuffle the deck for a new hand that's the choice you'll have to make.

Rabbits, goats, I live in the city.  All this sounds nice if you live in the country but I don't.  I can't do this.  Well maybe you can.  I've heard of some cities allowing goats as pets, as long as you name them.  Rabbits, yeah you can do that as well.  You know they breed like bunnies, hahaha.  How about chickens?  Some cities will allow you to have up to 5 hens (no roosters).  They really are very easy to care for and if you clean the coop on a regular basis there isn't an odor problem.  There are easy to build instructions for coops online or you can buy one already built.

So that's it for today.  Take 5 minutes and improve your lot.
Waking up every morning is a gift from GOD, so why waste it with negativity?

No comments:

Post a Comment